(recipe adapted from Cooking Light)
With tofu and reduced fat ingredients, this healthier alternative is just as good as traditional artichoke dip. It pairs perfectly with pita chips, baguette slices and a wide variety of veggies. By substituting the Greek yogurt and cream cheese with lower fat varieties, you can shave off calories while maintaining that rich and delicious taste. You can also use fresh artichoke hearts instead of frozen.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 18 oz. frozen artichoke hearts
- 2/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 4 oz. silken tofu
- 1 1/2 oz. shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a food processor or blender, mince garlic cloves. Add 9 oz. of the thawed artichokes, yogurt, tofu, 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese, and cream cheese.
- Blend until smooth and place in a small bowl.
- Roughly chop the rest of the artichoke hearts and fold into the artichoke mixture
- Add salt, pepper and cayenne and mix together
- Transfer the mixture into a baking dish and top with the remaining parmesan cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly
- Broil for 5 minutes or until top is golden