Honey Glazed Carrots – The Simple Way
Honey Glazed Carrots are a quick, easy and sweet way to “Keep the State on your Plate.” A vegetable dish that eats and tastes like a dessert, it is a dish that’s both good and good for you this Easter holiday.
(Recipe serves four)
For Easter day, the simplest way to make honey glazed carrots is to get some fresh California carrots, almonds, butter, honey and nutmeg.
- 4 cups sliced or chopped California carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup slivered California almonds
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Peel, cut off the tops and tips, wash the carrots and slice or chop them. Plan on one cup of sliced/chopped carrots per serving Place the carrots in a sauce pan, cover with water. Heat to boiling, then cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes if you want them crunchy or soft.
- Drain well and return carrots to the sauce pan
- Add butter (a pat of butter per cup should do)
- Cook until butter is melted, stir and then drizzle with honey (again, not too much; you want them glazed with honey, not drowning in it)
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg.
- Serve with a topping of slivered California almonds.